From SideQuest Studios, the team behind Rainbow Moon, comes Rainbow Skies, a roleplaying game coming to consoles and handhelds. According to Marcus Pukropski the CEO of SideQuest Studios, “Rainbow Skies is built on Rainbow Moon’s system, [and] is a completely new game that is set in a new world with new characters and a new story.” They are also “confident that Rainbow Skies will offer an even deeper and more versatile gameplay experience, while staying absolutely true to its roots.”
Previously, we reviewed Rainbow Moon and enjoyed how it took inspiration from old school roleplaying game experiences and its amazing art style but the menus, story and characters were bland in this PlayStation Network title. Perhaps Rainbow Skies can improve upon these assets and include what we loved about the original as Pukropski also stated that “a lot of feedback has been taken into consideration.”
In their press release, they also gave a list of features for Rainbow Skies.
- Monsters can be caught, upgraded, and become part of the player’s party
- An advanced battle system with new combo attacks
- New treasure-hunt quests and an improved side quest system
- Various buildings can be entered and explored
- A lot of new and exciting dungeon elements
- New mini games
- Tons of new and exciting content that will keep gamers hooked
Rainbow Skies, at the moment of writing, is in its early stages of development and they have stated that target platforms will be announced at a later date. We have, however, asked eastasiasoft on whether or not this game will hit the PS4 and the PS3 so stay tuned to PlayStation Euphoria for more details.