It wasn’t that long ago that an advertisement from TV3 came out that was practically identical to the one Playstation’s Kevin Butler advertised not too long ago. Well he has decided to send his regards to the company who made this video in exchange for something else. This is some of what Kevin Butler had to say:
“It’s been said that imitation’s the sincerest form of flattery. If so, color me flattered. However, I do have some constructive criticism for the work that I would like to share.”
1. No title for your guy? VP of Big Bigness? PS3 Commercial Tribute Manager? Details, folks.
2. The TV3 version was completely lacking in PS3 video game footage. Clips from Uncharted 2, MAG, God of War 3, or even clips of our upcoming releases Killzone3 and Twisted Metal would have really added some epicness to the spot.
3. The beard. I think it should have been longer.
4. I did like the slow motion effect at the end on the guitar solo. Way to plus it out.
5. Two-color mylar confetti > rainbow paper confetti. Just sayin.
More on what K.B. had to say at the PS.Blog
If you want to see a comparison of these advertisements then look below:
Original Playstation 3 spot
New Zealand TV3 spot